Ethereum Whale Abruptly Moves Nearly $375,000,000 Worth of ETH Amid Market Sell-Off – Here’s Where the Crypto Is Headed
A massive Ethereum (ETH) whale is suddenly moving hundreds of millions of dollars worth of ETH in the midst of a correction that saw the leading smart contract platform trade below $4,000.
Whale-watching bot Whale Alert tells its 1.8 million followers that a deep-pocketed crypto investor relocated exactly 100,000 Ethereum from one unknown wallet to another, worth nearly $375 million at time of writing.
🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 100,000 #ETH (374,681,068 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallethttps://t.co/EpHkBuMFvY
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) December 13, 2021
The large Ethereum whale paid 0.004395 ETH, worth about $17, in transaction fees for the transfer. At time of writing, Ethereum is exchanging hands at $3,858.
The receiving wallet then moved the large ETH stash to another wallet that belongs to the second-wealthiest Ethereum whale in existence.
Whale-surveilling website WhaleStats shows that the rich whale owns over $5.18 billion worth of crypto assets. Ethereum makes up 30% of the crypto investor’s portfolio at $1.75 billion.
Whale Alert is also reporting on other large Ethereum transactions in the last 24 hours.
Six transactions involve the relocation of ETH from crypto exchanges to wallets of unknown origins. Three transfers saw the movement of ETH from wallets of unknown origins to crypto exchanges, and one whale shifted Ethereum between unknown wallets.
Here’s a summary of some of the large whale transactions in the past day:
- 27,051 Ethereum worth $103.37 million transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
- 29,300 Ethereum worth $112.12 million transferred from unknown wallet to FTX
- 4,475 Ethereum worth $17.18 million transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 3,500 Ethereum worth $13.46 million transferred from unknown wallet to OKEx
- 5,000 Ethereum worth $18.94 million transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 5,000 Ethereum worth $19.10 million transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 3,500 Ethereum worth $13.36 million transferred from Huobi to unknown wallet
- 4,168 Ethereum worth $15.68 million transferred from Huobi to unknown wallet
- 10,000 Ethereum worth $37.50 million transferred from Binance to unknown wallet
- 3,247 Ethereum worth $12.42 million transferred from unknown wallet to Binance
Check Price Action
Don’t Miss a Beat – Subscribe to get crypto email alerts delivered directly to your inbox
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram
Surf The Daily Hodl Mix
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/Mia Stendal/Tomasz Makowski
Credit: Source link